DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Drone Video Advisor is wholly owned and operated by DomW Productions (DWP) which is the data controller (contact details are provided below). This means that DWP decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Which personal data do we collect?
We collect the following personal data, where appropriate:
– contact details (address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address)
– payment details.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data from information which you give us, including but not limited to:
– information set out in any payment, application or subscription form with DWP; and
– information provided by you by way of correspondence with us by phone, email, website or otherwise.
How do we process your personal data?
DWP complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up-to-date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Why do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
– to administer subscription records;
– to promote the business to you;
– to enable us to manage subscribers;
– to maintain DWP’s own accounts and records;
– to operate DWP’s websites and deliver the services that individuals have requested;
– to inform individuals of news, events, activities or services run by DWP;
– to process payments;
– to contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about matters relating to the business.
What is the legal basis for DWP processing your personal data?
DWP is entitled to hold and process your personal data on the following lawful grounds:
– you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
– processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
– processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which DWP is subject;
– processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person;
– processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
– processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by DWP or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, in particular where you are a child.
Some of the grounds for processing described above will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify DWP’s use of your personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with:
– banks with whom DWP holds a bank account (where standing order mandates or other similar arrangements are put in place);
– our email service providers we use to email you;
– governmental bodies, as necessary;
– our cloud-based data storage provider.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be retained for the longest of the following periods:
– for DWP and/or any authorised third parties to carry out the purposes for which the data was collected or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement you enter into with DWP;
– in order to establish or defend legal rights or obligations or to satisfy any reporting or accounting obligations; and
– any retention period that is required by the GDPR and any applicable laws or regulatory requirements.
How do we keep your personal data secure? Your personal data is held in:
– encrypted files in our cloud-based data storage provider. Access to the cloud-based data storage provider is password-protected, as are the files held there; and
– our email service provider, access to which is password protected.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
– the right to request a copy of your personal data which DWP holds about you;
– the right to request that DWP corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
– the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for DWP to retain such data;
– the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
– the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
– the right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable); and
– the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Keeping your personal data up-to-date
Please let us know of any of your personal data changes as soon as possible.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Changes to this policy
This privacy notice is dated 25 May 2018.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at any time without notice. Upon amendment, the date of the policy will be revised accordingly.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please get in touch with DWP by contacting us via the contact form.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookiesThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookiesThis site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Google and Youtube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- By visiting this link: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/contact/